неделя, 7 декември 2008 г.

SeLaM ALeiKuM



I am a Muslim woman

I am a Muslim woman Feel free to ask me why When I walk, I walk with dignity When I speak I do not lie
I am a Muslim woman Not all of me you'll see But what you should appreciate Is that the choice I make is free I'm not plagued with depression I'm neither cheated nor abused I don't envy other women And I'm certainly not confused
Note, I speak perfect English Et un petit peu de Francais aussi I'm majoring in Linguistics So you need not speak slowly
I run my own small business Every cent I earn is mine I drive my Chevy to school & work And no, that's not a crime!
You often stare as I walk by You don't understand my veil But peace and power I have found As I am equal to any male!
I am a Muslim woman So please don't pity me For God has guided me to truth And now I'm finally free


by Jenn Zaghloul

Няма коментари: